Dear Year 12 students,
Tomorrow 10th of August you will be sitting the HSC Italian speaking exam. After all the hours spent together practicing all possible questions that the examiners might ask, I feel like I could go and sit the exams for you giving all the right details about your lives, dreams and future plans. :-) You all have worked very hard and for me, Monica and the other teachers has been such a pleasure to help you in this journey. You have shown great determination and motivation and you have never given up, even when overwhelmed by the amount of work to do.
I just wanted to take the opportunity to give you some last advices for the exam:
1) Relax, make a big breath before sitting in front of the examiner.
2) Listen to the questions carefully. If you don't understand you can ask to repeat: Potrebbe ripetere per favore?
3) If you need a moment to think about your answer, then take it - just as you might in a normal conversation. Avoid long pauses.
4) Use your best lines straight away so that you can impress them before they change question
5) Be expressive, change tone in reference to what you are talking about, you can even use your hands!
6) Use idiomatic expressions and a wide range of vocabulary to sound as natural as possible.
7) Do your best! You will be great!
We will be thinking of you and we are looking forward to hearing all the comments next week.
Buona fortuna! e Forza ragazzi!!!
For all the HSC students, but also to everyone else who would like to read something about friendship, here a nice poem describing what "un amico" is.
Un amico è
Uno che è sempre con te.
Nei tempi belli e brutti
un amico è sempre lì.
Quando ti senti giù
un amico ti tira su.
Se hai un segreto,
un amico lo tiene stretto.
Con un amico del cuore
puoi passare tante ore.
A prendere un gelato,
o guardare una partita di calcio.
Se un giorno ti senti male
un amico ti puo’ curare.
E quando hai qualcosa da dire
un amico vuole sempre sentire.
Come gli anni che passano
tanti amici vanno e vengono.
Ma gli amici buoni sono rari
e se li trovi rimangono sempre cari.
By Volare 1
All Beginners 1 Discovering Italy Early Bird Offer Feste And Events Funny Videos Hsc Students HSC Students (material And Activities) Interesting Stuff Italian Cities Italian Film Festival Italian For Children Italian Grammar Italian Language History Jessica's Life And Thoughts Music Videos In Italian