• Population: 61.3 million people live in Italy
• Capital: Roma, with 2.6mil inhabitants and Italy’s biggest city
• Name: Repubblica Italiana
• Government: Democracy, Republic
• Language: Italian as well as German, French and Ladin in some regions in Northern Italy.
• Literacy: More than 98% can read and write
• Religion: mainly Christians (Roman Catholics 90%)
• Currency: Euro
• History: Italy became one nation only in 1861 and since then includes the islands of Sicilia and Sardegna. It became a Republic in 1946 after the second World War
• Flag: The colors represent these virtues: hope (green), faith (white), and charity (red).
Land and People
Economy and technology
All Beginners 1 Discovering Italy Early Bird Offer Feste And Events Funny Videos Hsc Students HSC Students (material And Activities) Interesting Stuff Italian Cities Italian Film Festival Italian For Children Italian Grammar Italian Language History Jessica's Life And Thoughts Music Videos In Italian