Tomorrow 10th of August you will be sitting the HSC Italian speaking exam. After all the hours spent together practicing all possible questions that the examiners might ask, I feel like I could go and sit the exams for you giving all the right details about your lives, dreams and future plans. :-) You all have worked very hard and for me, Monica and the other teachers has been such a pleasure to help you in this journey. You have shown great determination and motivation and you have never given up, even when overwhelmed by the amount of work to do.
I just wanted to take the opportunity to give you some last advices for the exam:
1) Relax, make a big breath before sitting in front of the examiner.
2) Listen to the questions carefully. If you don't understand you can ask to repeat: Potrebbe ripetere per favore?
3) If you need a moment to think about your answer, then take it - just as you might in a normal conversation. Avoid long pauses.
4) Use your best lines straight away so that you can impress them before they change question
5) Be expressive, change tone in reference to what you are talking about, you can even use your hands!
6) Use idiomatic expressions and a wide range of vocabulary to sound as natural as possible.
7) Do your best! You will be great!
We will be thinking of you and we are looking forward to hearing all the comments next week.
Buona fortuna! e Forza ragazzi!!!